Located on the Turtle River, the park features a covered pavilion, picnic tables, new playground equipment installed in the summer of 2002, and grills. To reserve the pavilion for your group, contact the Town Clerk.
TOWN OF WINCHESTER
Park Facilities Policy
- The park is available to all Winchester residents (property owners) and immediate family. Scheduling is done through the Town Clerk.
- No functions can be held at the park where there is a cover charge or beverage charge with the exception of Winchester non-profit organizations.
- Hours for functions held at the park are from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. All activities must cease at 9:00 PM.
- The park will be inspected before and after an event by the Park or Town Supervisor with those holding the event. The condition of park property will be noted.
- All areas will be cleaned immediately after the event. If grounds are not cleaned, trash removed, etc., deposits will be forfeited. Deposits will be collected for all events with the exception of the following: Lake Associations, town committees, Lions Club and Fire Department. Deposits of $100 for pavilion and $100 for beverage facility are required. A $50 fee applies to all rentals to cover electrical and septic charges. Additional charges may apply depending on the severity of damage that may occur. Repair of damages will be completed by Town approved contractors. Replacement of materials or equipment will be approved by the Town and reimbursed by those responsible.
- Since our Park is a public facility, there will be no permanently displayed alcoholic beverage signs.
- All delinquent payments will be placed on resident’s tax bill with an additional $100 fee for processing.
Public Boat Landings
There are public boat landings available to access the Turtle Chain, Harris Lake, Birch Lake and Noseeum that are maintained by the town. For specific information, contact the town offices at (715) 686-2123.
The Library is located in the Winchester Community Building in the town site area on the west side of South Turtle Lake.
Starting after Labor Day these will be our new hours until Memorial Day 2018.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday: 12:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Address: 2117 Lake Street, Winchester, WI 54557
Telephone: (715) 686-2926
Library Director: Betty Forster
Library Assistant: Blaze Burton
Email: [email protected]
Website contact: [email protected]
Community Building Located in the right wing of the Library
Offers a meeting room and full kitchen. To reserve the building for your group, contact the Town Clerk.
Municipal Building (Town Hall)
Located on Highway W, the municipal building has a large meeting space and full kitchen. To reserve the building for your group, contact the Town Clerk.
Guidelines for the Use of the Municipal and Community Buildings
- Reservations may be made by any resident or taxpayer of the Town of Winchester.
- Reservations must be made for all activities and will be on the first-come, first-serve basis.
- Reservations must be made with the Town Clerk.
- At the Town Board’s discretion, a reservation fee of $100.00 will be charged with a refund of $50.00 if the clean-up rules are followed. This applies only to private functions. Also, in these instances, evidence of insurability from the responsible party (applicant) who is at least 18 years of age is required.
- A key is available the Tuesday before the rental from the town office.
- If activity is to be cancelled, 24 hours notice would be appreciated.
- Responsible party (applicant) must be present and supervise activity.
- The building will not be opened for less than 5 people.
- No furniture or equipment is to be taken outside the building without prior approval.
- All lights must be turned off and all doors locked when leaving the building.
- The Town Board may restrict future use if the rules are not followed.
- All tables and chairs are to be returned to their original location
- Any decorations are to be removed.
- The floor must be swept and the carpet vacuumed.
- The bathrooms and kitchen must be cleaned.
- No smoking allowed in building.
- All garbage and leftover food must be removed from the building.
- No beer or liquor can be served with exception to town service organizations requesting a 1-day permit.
Transfer Site/Recycling Center
Located on Highway W, next to the Municipal Building. Transfer site hours of operation are: Monday, Thursday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Phone: (715) 686-7500
The trails in Winchester are maintained by the Winchester/Presque Isle Sno-Bunnies.
Located on North Harris Lake Road. For more information, call Jackie Sell at (715) 686-2500.