Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who do I contact for UDC Permits?

RC Inspection Agency. Tel. (715) 543-2094 Rick Clem

2. Where do I go to get a building permit?

Contact the Vilas County Zoning department at (715) 479-3620, or visit the Vilas County Government website.

3. Where can I get a dog license?

Contact the Vilas County Clerk at (715) 479-3600. Can also be purchased when paying your beginng of the year taxes.

4. How do I get a Fire Number?

To obtain a fire number for your property, contact Town Hall at (715) 686-2123 on Tuesdays from 10am to 2:00pm and request the necessary forms from the clerk.

5. Who do I contact regarding Stray Animals?

For animal control, contact Town Chairman at (715) 543-2094 or the Vilas County Animal Shelter – (715) 479-9486

6. What can be brought to the Transfer Site?

Contact the Transfer Site at (715) 686-7500 during business hours: Mon., Thurs., Sat. 9:00AM-4:00PM and Sundays 9:00AM-1:00PM

7. Who Should I contact regarding Short and Long term town planning?

Planning Commission Chairman (to be announced).

8.  Who do I contact for the Winchester Cemetery Association?

Winchester Memorial Cemetery Association / Sandy Coan @ 715-686-2011